Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rivals

I think one of my favorite things about life is having rivals. I may not appear to be too overtly competitive, but I really enjoy having people that are nemesis. I have an example. So all of my classes are way far from each other. I go from the Richards building up the endless stair too the basement of the JFSB or to the end of the JSB then too the seventh floor of the Tanner building, any way I am rushing to class and am never aided by professors. Each of my professors suffers from the superiority complex that they have the most important thing to say to you at that instant. Soooo stemming from this situation a rival developed.

So there is this cute girl that I like to sit by in my old testament class. I hustle out of my volleyball class tuesdays and thursdays and sprint up the stupid stairs and then traverse over to the JSB. Now on tuesdays I have no problem getting into our seats in the back and life is enjoyable. Thursdays, not so much. (K I think I need to put a disclaimer in here that I do not really hate this person at all) Thursdays, I show up and someone is always in my seat! And not a different someone the same someone!! She is a nice, pregnant student who can probably only attend one of the two classes a week. I know not her name nor her origin, I do know where she sits on Thursdays. So this last thursday, I figured I would beat this soon-to-be mother at her own game, sitting in that seat I like on Thursdays. So sometimes I shower after volleyball, not this day! I perfectly made sure I put forth minimal effort in class to prevent the need to shower. Normally, I get a drink after volleyball. Drink?!?!? And waste a full minute hydrating? Pointless! Normally I wait for this girl outside the lockerroom after volleyball. This Thursday! HA! Never! I was going to smoke this young woman. I gathered my stuff after not putting the volleyball awayduring class even though I was the one who had it in his hands when class ended. I changed in record time, and passed like 75 people on the steps. I felt like a real athlete. I hastily walked to the JSB not stopping once. I entered 178 in the JSB with a flourish!!! Not only was the seat unoccupied, but the cute girl was already there! That woman and her developing child were no match for me!!! I rejoiced in the moment for awhile and waited to see the face of the lady when she had been hoodwinked out of her spot!! HEHEHEHHEHEHE She entered with a flourish looking tired, and well looking for a seat!! HAHAHA look over here m'am!! I am in your seat!! Take that! You were once so proud, ooking down at me with disdain from your throne of the rear of the class, boasting your successful relationship that was soon to yield a child, waving the fact that I don't even have a girlfriend yet!! You were so cruel, now your day o comeuppance has arrived. In the words of Ralphy from A Christmas Story, "Alright Pregnant lady( He actually says Black Bart, we'll assume he would agree with my stance), now you get yours. And then something happened. As she entered the class there were really no more seats left! There was one at the very inside of a row, but she was in no condition! OH! How my winning glory faded! How I felt the pangs of a shameful, abominable victory!! The act of all of the students moving for the pregnant lady was so notable that the professor even noted it before he started his lecture. Fortunately he neglected to proclaim the savage manner in which I had pilfered the seat from this young woman.

I had a lot of fun typing that, I have moments like these where I get so caught up I just end up doing something silly. Sometimes I think that I am a nice guy, then I slip up and make life worse for pregnant people. HAHA oh well! Please do not judge me, I plan to let that woman sit in her seat forevermore. So it is almost four a.m. I should probably wrap it up.

Oh one more thing, I think I crafted my best facebook status ever, it is up currently let me know what you think and rebuke me for light mindedness if necessary.

Toodles
-A

5 comments:

Gabe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabe said...

Hmmm. Adam. I liked your post. But I am gonna have to admit that I got lost in the middle of it and thought you had a crush on a pregnant girl...

I'm wrong right? Tell me I'm wrong.

Adam Murphy said...

No Pregnant girls ain't my style... yet. I suppose we all become fans at some point. I heard about rock band after the fact last night let me know if you do it again tonight!

Robyn said...

Awesome, Adam. Your honesty is compelling...and I laughed really hard. :)

James L. A. 2 said...

I loved it. I was rooting for you the whole time.