Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Viva La Raza!

Well back to the grind. Mexico was a really fun time, and I'll share some stories and what not, I just bought guitar hero world tour on Monday, and just working at school. Oh and before I review the past week, with student elections around the corner check my blog from March 2008 about the elections, probably still the best things I have written on paper or blog.



Well Mexico was very interesting and had some real thought provoking moments, and some funny ones as well. We left Salt Lake, ( My sister and her husband, the missionary that baptized my new stepfather?? (first time I have ever used that term in speech or writing) and I). I really like airports and the idea of everyone going somewhere and having some type of purpose. When I got to the airport, I set the tone of the trip for me... being fidgety... for some reason I was so hectic and ADD all weekend. I didn't mind it to much but I could see where it would come off as a little odd to people watching me. So the instant I got in the airport I decided I had to have Quizno's. There was no way around it, so I immediately went to my gate and found everyone else there, and quickly made a flight for some steak sub! So I got back and asked Dana if she had gotten my mom a present, she said no and I suggested we get see's candy. So we were sitting talking and I wanted to play B.S.!! So I made everyone else play. Then it was time to go to Phoenix and we got in line, but when the missionary kid and I were waiting to board, I decided I HAD!!! to go buy a copy of ESPN the magazine like that instant!!! So I went and got it and was one of the last people to make the plane. We landed and got into our motel. Now apparently there were some sort of drug wars going on between law enforcement and the drug cartels. So while we were there, every parking lot was stationed by a mexican guard, as well as trucks that would drive around full of mexican soldiers and their guns... it was pretty weird.

So the next day we went throught the temple and Nestor and my mom were sealed, and we went and ate at a Mexican buffet. It was really fun and a very neat meshing of family and culture. I remember when all the girls were dancing together tosome mexican song and it was really neat. I am very happy for Nestor to be a part of the family. He is a very good guy and I could see the whole time that he cared very much for my mother as well as everyone else that was there. We spent the rest of the day hanging out until later, me, my sister and her husband, and the missionary that baptized Nestor all went to Walmart. Again I was really frenetic, walking around the whole place, and found some lady that was selling some tres leches cake!! I love that stuff! So I was looking at the price and converting it back into dollars from pesos when the lady (all in spanish) asked if I wanted some. I said of course and she cut me a big slice! I told everyone else and we all ate some. Then we walked away for a minute, and I decided I might want to buy some... So i went back and my plans immediately changed when she gave me another piece for free!!!! We think the mexican lady thought I was cute, and I am more then willing to use my dashing looks for free food at Mexican Walmart.

We went home the next day and I again was way frantic!! I decided I wanted starbucks while waiting in line to board, then when we were in the next airport I HAD to watch the Laker game~ so i left everyone behind and got to the chilis before everyone else, but then they would only sit me by a tv with nascar on it... BLEH!!! When I asked them if they could change one of the two NASCAR tvs right in front of my face they said if they changed one it would change them all....????????????? That was clearly nonsense, but I was forced to not watch it, after some more starbucks and another connecting flight we made it home.

So I bought guitar hero world tour and it is fun I like the songs a lot, and it is definitely entertaining. Not much else new this week, I turn 24 in six days (weird) and Cori gets home this week! That should be really fun!

No comments: