Monday, January 21, 2008

Life

Awww life. Sometimes I just wonder who's pulling the strings both for good and bad. So this weekend was nice, I spent sometime Friday with James and celebrated Kirk's birthday on Saturday. So how many of you would need an alarm clock to wake up at say 10 a.m.? 11? Daresay, noon? I am here to tell you that I evidently require an alarm clock in order to wake up before 1:48 p.m. That's right, I turned over Saturday morning, errrr afternoon to realize that I had slept through the first game that I was suppose to supervise and had almost missed the second game. Luckily I had some one working with me when usually I wouldn't who was able to cover for me, phew!

So right now I am in one of those weird phases where, right after I take a girl out, she'll inevitably end up having a boyfriend who isn't me. Oh well. Not sure really how to prevent it, but sadly I can see where it can happen twice more this week! HAHAHA what you gonna do? I wonder if I should pursue girls more aggressively. I have been doing good lately with expressing my feelings towards girls with my actions, however at the moment I am putting out indecisive actions, because well... I feel indecisive. Seems like just when something looks like it is going somewhere, it fizzles something else springs up, it fizzles.... It kind of feels like I am a giant vat of soda and every once in awhile someone drops Pop Rocks into my vat in different areas, and I go towards the fizzle, then when I get there the original fizzle is gone, and I here more pop rocks, and go follow them, and so on. I think that analogy was a result of blogging close to three. HAHA oh well.

My classes are very interesting. They all just blow my mind in so many different ways. Marriage Prep has been a super awkward/informative/silly/fun/inspiring class. I have had a number of times in class where I have introspected and found things I definitely could improve about myself. On Friday, Professor Barlow showed a video that really helped put things into perspective. The video was just pictures of old couples smiling, holding hands, kissing, just being happy together. It really just helped me put into perspective that the only thing I need to be successful in is marriage. When I was watching the video, nothing meant more to me then having a happy, loving marriage, and really deep down I think that is how I really am. Money doesn't matter, having a successful career doesn't matter, early failures in life don't matter. If I can just get to where I am old and in love life has been fulfilled. I wish I could have that feeling of the simplicity all the time.

My international business course is pretty much the exact opposite. The professor has had a wide variety of jobs, in marketing, sales, profit-loss, management, entreprenurial, being a CEO, in a wide variety of international settings as well. The guy has done it all. I wonder if I have what it takes to succeed in business. I just do not think that I am cutthroat enough. I think personal financial planning would be a much better fit for myself. None the less, I have really enjoyed the exposure my international business class has given me.

Astronomy is the last course in which I feel really stimulated by. The class is in the planetarium with these AMAZING cushy seats that recline way far back so you can look straight up. Space has always intrigued me. It has always had a calming influence. I love just looking at the stars and pondering my life.

You know what, I think I like someone.

I am going to ask her out till she tells me to stop! Take that! I'll report back later.

4 comments:

Gabe said...

Ewww.. That video in marriage prep sounds gross. But I am glad you're into that :-)

Barney Lund said...

Nice post, Murphy. Oh, and if you do end up linking to other blogs, mine is www.barneylund.com.

See ya...soon.

Bruce said...

"So right now I am in one of those weird phases where, right after I take a girl out, she'll inevitably end up having a boyfriend who isn't me."

The way you phrased that made me smile. :)

Rachel Eve said...

Wow, you need an alarm to wake up before 1:30pm? That's pretty impressive.

I like the blog!